Saturday, December 25, 2010

in a time of happiness and thanks...

i'm drawn to thinking of those who will not be celebrating with family this holiday season. i wanted to take a moment to express my thanks for many years of love and kindness shown to me by both of my grandmothers. pansy delia nelson and greta/gretchen helen haefeli, known by all as midge. known to me as granny good witch. they were my last two living grandparents who departed this year. delia, my mom's mom, was an english lady. she loved my grandfather deeply. she lived many years without him, and i hope they are happy together again. we lost grandma nelson over easter weekend. midge, my dad's mom, was an incredible skier and trailblazer in the industry. she was also a kick-ass old lady who liked to slumber party with me and watch horror movies like silence of the lambs. she taught me how to drink coffee and kick up my clog heels at the white horse inn during visits to her little farm house. we lost her in october. i hope that i can carry their legacy with in my soul and that when we are together again they have saved me a good seat at the table.

i love you both.



for georgie aldrich, you were a beautiful and vibrant young man taken too early. perhaps you are meant to shine brightly from above to light the path. may georgie's family find peace and strength in this time of loss.




for eva markvoort, the words you've left for all to learn from are truly inspiring. your legacy is seared in my mind. your sacrifice is devastating, however your spirit rages on forever. your attitude and your zest for life are amazing and reading your story has changed me. i hope that you have your own wings now and that you are never breathless again.

please read about her:

www.65redroses.livejournal.com
http://www.65redroses.com/?p=760
http://www.c21media.net//news/detail.asp?area=1&article=58349

it is very exciting to see that her documentary, a part of hot docs, will be airing in the states in the spring of 2011. be on the look out for it. it hit oprah's list. it should be getting lots of attention soon.





thank you for your contribution in my life and the lives of many others. you are missed but you will never be forgotten. for those who lost their lives and succumbed to their battles this year, may you all be at peace.

No comments: