Wednesday, May 14, 2008

charlottemoms.com submission for mother's day


we were supposed to make it into the paper, but alas we were cut. smirk! anyhoo, at least we have said our tid bit and given the kids a nod for their special part on our day. if you click on the title of this post it will link you to the story and the photo that my relic of a computer (sadly it really is only 5 years old) will not let me post as it has declined its former abilities to allow me to send/post photos...piece of junk! expensive piece of junk! ah, i could get angry and start slapping it around but it could then decide not to let me blog too!

oh cool! now there's a photo. thanks to my cousin camilla and her super-duper blogging skillz. thanks camilla!

Why I love being a Mom
The tender kisses, the late night wishes,
The songs we sing, the memories they bring.
I hold each one close to my heart,
They are my most magnificent art,
Their little hands, feet, toes,
Their little eyes, their teeth, their nose,
I made these all with the best of care,
How much I would love them I was unaware.
Of the roles I'll play throughout my life daughter, sister, wife,
It is my most important to be Mom,
For my children are my love, they are my life.

2 comments:

Wall family said...

Love to help. We couldn't leave a great poem without the picture to go with it.

Amy O'Neill said...

Hi Jen!

Camilla told me you have a blog now so I came to check it out! Your kiddos are sooo cute... getting so big! I am so excited that you have a blog now... it is so much easier to be in touch and know what everyone is up to. Great poem... it sums up motherhood perfectly! :)