Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Dolly Drive


I am participating in an extremely rewarding project - A Dolly Drive. This wonderful project is the idea of a beautiful soul named Sarah Hanson. The goal of the project is to make and give a doll to each child in orphanages around the world. My personal goal is to take 500 to an orphanage in Haiti. I will be donating a gaggle of dolls to the current Haiti orphanage project for the Dolly Drive as well. I am committed to making 25 dolls a week, and so far am on target.

If you like to sew and would like to participate, please let me know! If you don't have time, or don't sew, there are still many ways to help or participate. I am using scraps to sew and stuff these little gems, and every little bit helps! These dolls are not for sale. If you would like me to make one on your behalf, I am happy to gift it to a child for you. Please write a personal message that can be tied to the doll's arm, and please specify the kind of doll you would like to sponsor (boy or girl).

Please click on the Dolly Link posted here on my blog for more information on Sarah's Dolly Drive. I will post photos and video when I return from Haiti after delivering the bundle to the kids!


1 comment:

Wall family said...

There are going to be alot of happy little ones! You are doing a great job and for a wonderful cause. I'm proud of you :)